Welcome to Xcel Pilates
Pilates is a very intense and difficult form of exercise to learn and understand. It is, however, very gentle on the body and very effective if done properly. The strength gained from each exercise is such that most common back pain and other injuries improve naturally due to the increase of core strength and correct alignment. After each session, you will feel an improvement in your Posture, Control, Coordination, Balance & Strength.
Are you ready to embark on the re-creation of your body and take charge of your health?
Pilates classes in Beavercreek have begun, as well as Private and Duet sessions by appointment only and group apparatus classes.
The newest addition to our locations of practice. The Beavercreek location hosts mat classes every week Monday through Saturday. In addition to our apparatus classes. Our Beavercreek location is located at 3916 Indian Ripple Rd. Beavercreek, OH 45440.
Before your first class
- Prepare yourself by wearing or bringing comfortable workout clothes that you feel like you can move freely in. It is preferable that your clothes sit closer to your body so that our instructors are able to provide proper adjustments on form.
- There are bathrooms available to change in and out of your workout clothes.
- Bring a water bottle. Xcel Pilates has a water dispenser available to fill up water bottles but will not be providing cups for water out of an abundance of caution.
- We are providing mats for our mat classes that are sprayed and wiped down after each use. We are also encouraging the use of personal mats for those who are comfortable with using a mat brought from home. After placing your mat on the floor, please consider wiping your mat down.
- Plan to arrive early for your first class. Allow for about 5 to 15 minutes before your first appointment to fill out a new waiver—to save time, you can download our waiver form and print at home to bring along for your first visit.
- Book your first class! Sign up online using the links above, or contact us via email or phone.
Celeste Mackenzie, NCPT
Nationally certified pilates instructor & Director of Xcel Pilates
South African born Celeste Mackenzie studied Classical Ballet from a young age and danced professionally for 12 years in London, and South Africa and briefly in the USA. Celeste achieved Principle status and danced the lead roles in most of the Classical Ballets, Balanchine and many original pieces until her retirement in 1992.
Her Pilates Journey started soon after retirement due to the many injuries she endured throughout her professional career. Celeste studied to become a Pilates instructor and completed her Comprehensive training with Power Pilates in NYC and Chicago. Celeste established her own studio, Peak Personal Pilates in 2002 as well as at her husband’s clinic, Xcel Sports Medicine focusing on Rehab and Functional Pilates.
“A healthy body should be timeless and there should be no excuse for old age-age is just a number, and it shouldn’t be an excuse to get out of shape. If you are unable to use part of your body due to injury, there is always the other 80% that can be used…Pilates apparatus is designed to allow this to happen . Movement Heals!“